Top 10 reasons to go to Dreamforce ’10
August 4, 2010 3 Comments
Dreamforce ’10 is only a few short months away and I couldn’t be more excited. Here are the top 10 reasons to go to Dreamforce ’10.
- You will meet the most amazing folks doing amazing things. There are people and companies using Salesforce.com in ways you never imagined. They are using objects, processes, portals and sites to do fascinating things. You’ll come away with hundreds of ideas. You will impart hundreds of ideas. That’s the point of Dreamforce. Bring a notepad…or 12.
- Birds-of-a-feather lunches let you meet other folks in your job or in your industry. It is all about exchanging ideas and best practices. It is all about meeting people who can help you do your job better.
- Sessions. Lots and lots of sessions. There will be times you wish you could be two or three places at once because the content is just that good.
- There’s a tweeetup scheduled. Most of the details are still up in the air, but I can guarantee you’ll have a great conversation with these folks. A great group of really smart, really driven, really salesforce-y people!
- Vendor swag (or “stuff we all get”) is great to take home to kids, nieces, neighbors, co-workers, really anybody. Who doesn’t want a branded frisbee? A USB flashlight with a logo on it? A desk toy you didn’t even know you had to have? Save space in your luggage.
- Salesforce employees are everywhere and want to talk to you. They want to tell you how they’re making it better, faster, stronger. They want to know about how you’re using Salesforce. Make those connections!
- Sustainability is top of mind. There will be bicycle valet parking, electronic signage, biodegradable and/or recyclable utensils and water stations to encourage you to use a reusable water bottle.
- Stevie Wonder & Bill Clinton will be there. Between Stevie’s music and Bill’s keynote, you’ll be moved and inspired. I wonder if they’ll take the stage at the same time. Hmmmm…
- If you register by 8/6/10 you can save 50%!
- San Francisco is cool…but not too cool! With average temps in the mid-50’s, the weather in San Fran will let you wear your winter finery without being too chilly. (I can hear my mid-West friends now. “You think that’s cold?!?!”)
Now, if all of that has you convinced, but you’re not so sure your boss will agree, the Dreamforce site has a section called “Justify Your Trip”. I hope to see you there!